Experts in Letting Properties
Geoffrey Collings Letting Agents have put together the following information to help you make an informed decision about whether letting is for you, the advantages and benefits letting can bring, and how the process of letting a property works.
The benefits of letting a property go further than is often first thought. It can provide a regular source of income with the potential of future capital growth. Choosing the right tenant will provide a regular financial benefit with the minimum of hassle. However, the financial advantages are not the only consideration to be made. Letting your property out to the right tenant can protect the property from the negative implications associated with leaving it empty, and avoid the cost implications associated with selling.
If you have decided you want to let your property, you need to think carefully about which Agent to choose. You need to be certain that the people looking after your most valuable asset are acting in your best interests. Here at Geoffrey Collings & Co we provide a comprehensive, professional service in a personal and friendly fashion to include the following benefits:
- Free market appraisal and advice, to include a suggested market rental value with consideration to property type, size, location and condition.
- Tenant Location and Selection, to include credit checks and reference checks plus an informal interview to assess the suitability of a prospective tenant. We will also obtain a surety deposit of an appropriate amount.
- Inventory Service, designed to assess any changes that are made to the property during the period of the tenancy. Whilst we do everything possible to select a tenant that will treat your property with due care, some wear and tear is inevitable.
- Preparation of tenancy agreements and the necessary legal documentation.
- Rent collection and accounting to you for rents received on a monthly basis.
- Property inspections, usually conducted halfway through the period of a tenancy to ensure that the property remains in a good condition.
- Maintenance and Property Repair. Through contacts with local skilled tradesmen, plus the ‘odd-job’ man we can, if you wish, arrange any necessary maintenance and repairs on your behalf.
The above are noted only to provide guidance on our lettings service. We discuss all cases with prospective Landlords to establish what services they require, be it managed or unmanaged.
Geoffrey Collings & Co are members of the RICS Redress Scheme and RICS Client Money Protection Scheme (see our fees and CMP Certificate here).